Headquarters in Geneva
- 165 members (full/corresponding members)
- More than 20,400 standards in the programme
- Sub-division of the specialist areas into Technical Committees, there are 238 TCs (521 SC)
– ISO/TC 1 Screw threads,
– ISO/TC 164 Mechanical testing of metals
– ISO/TC 293 Feed machinery
In the Technical Committees there are:
– Participating members, and
– Observing members
The technical work is performed by experts (100,000) in working groups.
Hardness testing belongs to ISO/TC 164 Mechanical testing of metals, which in turn is divided into 5 subcommittees.
ISO/TC 164/SC 3 Hardness testing
Secretariat: Based within DIN
Secretary: Dipl.-Phys. Jenny Blum (DIN)
Chairman: Dr. rer. nat. Michael Griepentrog (BAM)
23 participating members | 9 observing members
ISO/TC 164/SC3 currently has direct responsibility for 22 standardisation processes.